As announced last week, Open Briefing is expanding the range of services it offers beyond intelligence to also include security, training and equipment.
The full range of services we are offering is published below. New services include:
- GPS personnel tracking with 24/7/365 monitoring, SOS functionality and international emergency response.
- Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) and civilian Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Extraction (SERE) courses, including wilderness survival, navigation and kidnap avoidance and hostage survival.
- First aid kits and training, including First Person On Scene – Intermediate (FPOS-I).
- HABC Level 2 Award in Conflict Management, including self-defence instruction.
- Up to 30% off clothing, tents, rucksacks, boots, climbing equipment, etc. from the best European and US outdoor brands (includes some products usually only available to the military and emergency services).
- Field rations (Meals Ready to Eat – MREs, freeze-dried meals, 12/24-hr military ration packs and team ration packs), emergency food aid packs and water purifiers.
- Sat phones for rental or purchase.
This is in addition to our existing intelligence services (including country risk briefings and threat monitoring and risk alerts) and the ongoing innovative policy and research work of our think tank.
Our services are subsidised or provided pro bono to charities and other non-profit organisations as well as independent journalists and human rights defenders and other activists facing state repression. There is a special beneficiary fund available to subsidise contracts for grantees of the Oak Foundation.
Please contact our executive director, Chris Abbott, on +44 (0)20 7193 9805 or [email protected] for more information.