Due to an increase in the number of enquiries Open Briefing is receiving about cyber security from human rights organisations and other NGOs, we urgently need to recruit three highly-experienced cyber security consultants.
These consultants will be responsible for:
- carrying out a threat assessment to identify the bad actors and other cyber threats that might damage or access a client’s digital information assets without authorisation;
- auditing a client’s cyber posture and IT systems against the CIS Controls and CIS Benchmarks and/or SAFETAG;
- auditing a client’s digital communications channels (email, social media, VOIP and instant messaging) against Security in-a-Box or other suitable guidelines; and
- drawing up and implementing recommendations to improve a client’s cyber security posture, harden their IT systems and make their digital communications more secure and private.
We welcome applications from consultants with:
- at least 10 years relevant professional experience (essential);
- experience with free and open source solutions (essential);
- experience working with NGOs (essential); and
- a background in intelligence, the military, law enforcement or government (desirable).
Consultants must be based within the UK/Europe, and willing to travel within the UK and the rest of Europe if required.
Candidates should note that day rates will be in line with your skills and experience as well as our status as a non-profit organisation. Terms will be agreed on a contract-by-contract basis.
This role is ideal for highly-experienced professionals who wish to use their skills to help human rights organisations, environmental defenders, aid agencies and other NGOs as well as to become an important part of an exciting civil society initiative themselves.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to our executive director, Chris Abbott, at [email protected] as soon as possible.
We are also recruiting security risk management consultants.