Open Briefing wishes to recruit a consultant or team of consultants to act as an interim fundraising manager with an immediate start. Reporting to the executive director, the consultant will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing a new fundraising programme. This will include developing income for core, programmes and projects from:
- Trusts and foundations
- Statutory funding
As well as other sources, such as:
- High-net-worth individuals (HNWIs)
- Corporate sponsorship
The executive director and consultant will agree specific targets, to include:
- Raising £50,000 in new funding from trusts and foundations by March 2020.
The consultancy contract is for up to 34 days over 6 months at roughly 5 days a month. The days can be front-loaded in order to get the programme underway and applications submitted. The contract may be renewable for a further 6 months by mutual agreement. This is a remote role but the ability to occasionally visit our office in Penzance, Cornwall for work and progress meetings would be an advantage.
- Developing, managing and implementing new fundraising programmes
- Writing funding applications and developing budgets
- Raising funds from grantmakers in the human rights field
- Raising funds from statutory funders
- Working as a consultant, remotely under own initiative
- Desire to become an active member of our team
- Raising funds from grantmakers in the humanitarian sector
- Developing relationships with HNWIs
- Developing, managing and implementing corporate sponsorship programmes
- Developing, managing and implementing crowdfunding programmes
- Working with various non-profit structures (e.g. charities, NGOs, social enterprises)
- Using PGP and other secure communications tools
Your application should consist of your CV and a concise, one-page covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification, would fulfil the job description, and your expected day rate. Fundraising consultancies and consortiums of consultants should include the CVs of everyone who would be involved in delivering the assignment. Please email your application to [email protected].
There is no deadline and applications will be considered on a rolling basis.