We launched Open Briefing 10 years ago. To all the volunteers, consultants, advisers, funders, clients, and beneficiaries who have supported us so far: thank you. For 10 years, we have stood together with those speaking truth to power. And we are just getting started.
Open Briefing is a unique non-profit that provides human rights defenders and other civic actors at risk with mentoring, capacity building and multilingual resources to improve their safety and security, digital security, and wellbeing and resilience. As a social enterprise, we also help charities, grantmakers, and social businesses understand and meet their risk management, duty of care, data protection, and safeguarding commitments.
In 2020, our 10th anniversary year, we supported more defenders, collectives, and organisations than ever. Some of the highlights include:
- We responded to 127 requests for support.
- We provided 400 hours of mentoring and capacity building.
- We trained 350 civic actors at risk during 40 workshops and other trainings.
- We worked in or on 46 countries.
Crucially our support resulted in significant positive impacts for our beneficiaries, clients, and users around the world, including:
- 17% increase in resilience.
- 23% increase in capacity.
- 4% decrease in self-reported risk.
Full details are in our new Impact Report 2020.