You may have noticed some recent changes at Open Briefing.
We launched our free weekly political and security risk update, The Weekly Briefing, a month ago and have stepped up the activities of our intelligence unit and think tank with a series of briefings and articles. After careful consideration, we have decided to continue in this vein and from now on we will be publishing only our own original material on the Open Briefing website.
We will continue to assess and distribute open source intelligence from other sources but this will now be distributed through our Twitter feed and digital library.
We are also launching this blog as part of this development. We will use to bring you all the latest news from Open Briefing and occasional comment and opinion from our analysts. Our podcast and app are also still available, as are our Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+ pages.
We will continue to develop and expand our core services over the coming months, including:
- Responding to intelligence requests from non-governmental organisations.
- Providing subsidised and pro bono intelligence, support and training to civil society groups.
- Publishing regular intelligence assessments of defence, security and foreign policy issues.
- Assessing and distributing open source intelligence.
- Publishing policy-orientated briefing papers and articles.
- Developing and promoting objective research and analysis methodologies.
- Encouraging collaborations within and beyond the traditional peace movement.
And we are currently working on:
- Intelligence brief on Iran’s cyber warfare capabilities.
- Order of battle for Russian ground forces.
- Forecasts for insecurity and conflict in Africa in 2014.
- Intelligence brief on Qatar-Sudan aid.
- Weekly political and security risk updates.
- OSINT training course and intelligence analysis handbook.
- Open Briefing style guide.
- Marketing and communications strategy.
All this with a largely-volunteer team!
But we can’t do this without your support. So if you like what we’re trying to achieve with Open Briefing and want to support our peace and security work, please make a donation today and be a part of our story.
Founder & Executive Director