The Security Risk Assessment Tool (SRAT) from Open Briefing is an essential free resource for both experienced NGO security managers and those new to risk assessments.
Staff should complete a security risk assessment prior to foreign travel or beginning a new project or programme overseas. It is a vital process that helps staff understand and mitigate the risks and helps their organisation meet its duty of care requirements.
Key features of the tool include:
- Instructions and tooltips to guide you through the process.
- Questions to help you set your organisation’s risk threshold.
- Automatically calculates risk ratings and other parameters.
- Helps you chose your risk strategy for each threat.
- Clearly shows which risks are acceptable and which need further mitigation.
- Automatically generates risk matrices for both inherent and residual risk.
- Generates pre-formatted reports for you to print or save as PDFs.
Open Briefing developed SRAT for its own security risk management consultants to use; however, it has proved so useful, that we are making it freely available to the wider NGO community! If you need help using this tool, you may benefit from one of our free NGO security risk management workshops.
Feedback? Suggestions? Offers of help? Please contact us.
This is a free tool for the NGO community. Commercial use of SRAT is strictly prohibited without a license from Open Briefing.